Tuesday

Product Review - Duralash Combo Pack - Ardell

I blame Audrey Hepburn for a lot. She gave me unrealistic expectations of beauty, poise, grace and fashion. She made it seem effortless and natural. She made me think that bangs were a good idea on me, that a ponytail can looks sweet and mature. But most of all, Audrey made it seem like eyelashes were always long and perfect.

She lied.

Because of this, and because my genetics landed me with short, stubby eyelashes, I have forever been after the doe-eyed beauty that came along with long, lustrous lashes. Ever since my youth I have been trying and trying to achieve the look of a natural, effortless look.

And when I did find a look I liked, it was never permanent. So when I went to the mall the other day and stumbled upon Ardell's Duralash Combo pack for semi permanent eyelashes (results were advertised to last around 3 weeks) I was elated.

That is, until I used them.


Duralash Combo Pack Review



As you see, the package comes with short, medium and long flared lashes for a more natural look and looking below I think they looked fairly decent.





The Pros

* Affordable at $9 on average (but to create a more natural look I added Ardell 'Singles' to the look at $6)

* Fairly simple application


The Cons

* The glue turns flaky, and leaves white flakes in your eyelashes (pictured below)


* Do NOT last long. Barely two days on average.

* If they do last more than two days, the lashes start to kink and look like spiders legs. Horrid. Photo below shows what I'm talking about!




* The 'Remover' does NOT remove the lashes, and BURNS like nothing else!


This product was really quite a joke. I admit, I should know that if I'm paying under $20 I am getting what I pay for, but I really feel that this product ruins your eyelashes! Not only does the 'remover' not work at all it burns! That being said, it is affordable and aside from the flaking, I thought that the eyelashes looked rather pretty. But that was always temporary since the lashes never stuck around more than two days - but the glue sure did! I think I'll just try to accept my lashes for what they are instead of ruining them with faulty products like this.

Bottom line: * out of *****


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

 

KJ Jones Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger